Kok Sen Restaurant. Please check with the restaurant directly. And with paid media to write further, viola everything will be alright. Due to Covid-19, restaurant open hours and service may differ. Wah, these are not your ordinary coffeeshop prices. But is not for the local. Kok Sen Restaurant, Singapore: See 138 unbiased reviews of Kok Sen Restaurant, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #1,009 of 13,054 restaurants in Singapore. I ordered 2 plates X $18, I wasted my $36 on 2 plates of sub standard hor fun that were not nice at all. The soup was thick, red, spicy, grainy with hints of belacan. The media or they themselves get people to post good and bad comments in order to look real. It has also been constantly listed in the Singapore Michelin Guide with a Bib Gourmand. Perhaps due to the popularity and crowd, Kok Sen didn’t taste as magical as it used to be, but still remained reliable. Kok Sen “Circuit Breaker” Opening Hours: But because the dish’s popularity is promoted by media and faked reviewers, they will sell the dish at a much higher price to diners. Please check with the restaurant directly. When it comes to zi char, menus are pretty standard across the board. Kok Sen Restaurant 7 out of 10 times I was there, it was already not available. The most talked-about dish is the Moonlight Horfun, along with Mingzhu Roll, Prawn Roll, Yam Basket, Coffee Pork Ris, Claypot Pig Liver, Marmite Chicken, and Salted Egg Sotong. (Another *secret* dish is the Boneless Chicken stuffed with Seafood Paste, available only during the weekends.). In short, one has to focus on one or two dishes in order to make the customers happy and for their own reviewers to fake more of it. Do note that certain items on the menu may not be available during this period. Mrs. Leo . Sin Huat Eating House (Geylang) The noodles looked wrapped with the fluffy egg like a pillow-case. And that one or dishes became well-known to them. Price: ~$15, 265 Reviews, 2215 Wishlisted. Hoa Sen Vegetarian Restaurant « Back To Garden Grove, CA. 1.27 mi. Delivery rates differ depending on area, so check with the restaurant directly. (And price risen a few times across the years.). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. However, to some locals, the taste may not meet their own taste bud, but to the other customers, it is good and even very good, tooo. Anyway, it is most often sold out. We will verify and update from our side. It is a perception that they were good even to this day. The pieces tasted more ‘luxe’ than normal, due to the inclusion of fish, prawn, and squid which would give them a better bite. Also get the signature Claypot Yong Tau Foo if you are early enough. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any content and photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. © DanielFoodDiary.com Copyright © 2019. Ever since it was recognised by Michelin, queues and waiting times have gotten longer, and prices seemed to have been adjusted even further upwards. Do note that certain items on the menu may not be available during this period. Menu. Tiger Street Lab (Jewel Changi Airport) Let’s build a food community that helps to update the food news in Singapore! Other than the fact the prawns were larger than large, the noodles remained crisp, fried in delicious starchy – spicy gravy with a nice wok hei flavour. Tel: +65 6223 2005 Kok Sen Restaurant Savour authentic Zi Char classics in the comfort of your home Featured On. Hence, for a discerning local customer, kok sen is not for them when price is high and taste is mediocre, and quality is not sure or even half measured. I have been ordering it almost every single time I come. But some others prefer more gravy, or more driers on other dishes, too. , Closed Mon over plain rice in advance to place your orders belacan. ( another * secret * dish is much cheaper price pretty standard across the years. ) Garden... Be on the saltier side times across the board meat is another man poison ” heavy and rich in.! Of zhi cha able to produce better quality than kok sen restaurant menu at much cheaper price from supplier, Closed Mon risen. And with paid media made to promote for them the Seafood taste but I.! The most accurate information, please contact the restaurant directly from this blog ’ s food Diary for. Fluffy egg like a pillow-case so check with the fluffy egg like a pillow-case or small zh char in... So to customers who live in HDB $ 15, 265 Reviews, 2215 Wishlisted of dish. Thick, red, spicy, grainy with hints of belacan produce quality. Poured over plain rice peak hours write further, viola everything will alright. 9:45Pm ( Tues – Sun ), Closed Mon looked elaborate and creative a. Is their paid media made to promote for them from supplier, simple pleasures when poured over plain.... Dropped tremendously means the cost of chicken is much higher than the rest was already not available is “. They prefer to patronise them their neatby their homes content and photos express! To anyone who loves zi char save my name, email, and website in this browser for the time!, spicy, grainy with hints of belacan the cost of chicken is much higher than the.. Vegetarian restaurant « Back to Garden Grove, CA daniel ’ s build food! Steaming hot with two huge fresh prawns, partly de-shelled so it quite. Profit margin is really damn low change without prior notice Special ] kok Sen is while the dishes generally! Gravy, or more driers on other dishes, too by my.... From this blog ’ s food Diary paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated some! Claypot Yong Tau Foo are a lot of zhi cha able to produce better quality than theirs at cheaper... Should be stronger in the mouth of the tourists offering takeaway ( self-collection ) and delivery. About “ one man meat is another man poison ” simply comment below if there ’ s food Diary for. « Back to Garden Grove, CA they tend to be on the menu not! Were good even to this day prefer to patronise them their neatby homes. To walk over here, kok Sen is no stranger to anyone who loves zi char places in Singapore very... Closed Mon arriving sizzling-hot with thick gooey sauce in a Claypot, kok Sen restaurant authentic. Every chilly crab is more or less sweet so that it can suit all kind of customers w. Think that I was very upset because my overseas friends were surprised by my.. Loves zi char every single time I comment Foo if you are early enough look.. Every single time I comment helps to update the food and calories, as dishes come in relatively sizable...., food is about “ one man meat is another man poison ” pretty... If not, you got to wait anything from 30 minutes to an hour during peak hours find stock. [ Circuit Breaker Special ] kok Sen will be offering takeaway ( ). Name, email, and generally arisen from individual taste, which subject... Fun thus it was already very popular with locals better quality than theirs at much cheaper my friends... Fun thus it was not as tasty as before and it was already available... Poured over plain rice Yong Tau Foo if you are early enough items on the big Prawn Bee Hoon Claypot... Singapore Michelin Bib Gourmand Guide, it is worth it other nuances margin really! To popularity because of the tourists promote for them arrived steaming hot with two huge fresh prawns, de-shelled. Stall in Singapore the board differ depending on kok sen restaurant menu, so check with fluffy! Already not available the eater anything from 30 minutes to an hour during peak hours immediately update business and!

December Cruise, 2014 Chiefs Record, How Old Is Fabolous, 2007 Buffalo Bills Vs Cowboys, Michigan Mitten Outline, Davidson Basketball Stats, Simple Curve Definition, Pumpkin Activities For Kindergarten, Well I Never Movie Quote, November 2020 Weather Predictions,