Questions: Answers: I looked at a few answers and combined them. Then you meet the requirements for overflow and yourself. Doesn't it create extra work for the browser which needs to calculate everything related to the browser viewport? Why don't university courses report percentiles together with absolute grades? Probably you can use percent values or, use the viewport height property: height: 100vh. Just because something is new doesn't make it better. But it's been a few years so I might remember wrong ;-), any more details on that? Seeing this on Mac Chrome 74.0.3729.131 intermittently on non-retina screens. Using position:fixed made this overlay scroll with the user, so it always covered the visible area and kept my preloading animation centred on the screen. Would Earth fireworks work on the Moon or on Mars? An issue with this approach is that iPhones excludes the address bar and bottom navigation from the view height, which means, Would be a great fix if I weren't using flexbox to create my layout. ... @TheAvalanche This does not work for me when the contents uses bootstrap classes like .row because it is floated. all » http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all, Google isn't a bunch of guys reading and grading web sites, it's more like a bunch of monkeys sniffing food and putting the good bananas at the top. so declaring overflow:scroll works fine on a div with height:400px declared (I use 400px as an example). Workaround. I wanted to comment on @Ionica Bizau, but I don't have enough reputation. Non-standard. have you tried overflow:auto ? The viewport-percentage lengths are relative to the size of the initial containing block. Adding that should push the black container to whatever size your dynamic container requires. © 2005-2020 Mozilla and individual contributors. If i refresh the page it works again, But only for a short time? If you set a static height for your header, you can use that in a calculation for the size of your wrapper. This leads to scrolling fixed menus or not overflowing long lists (they expand aaaall the way to the bottom instead of scrolling inside the list). If the content is taller the scrollbars are present to view them. Why doesn't height: 100% work to expand divs to the screen height? Seeing similar issue for dropdowns with a scrollable area, that does not scroll on multiple versions of chrome on external cinema display. @james Yes, all parents must have a known height. Can I use WhatsApp to securely send public key, symmetric key and private key? Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Get the latest and greatest from MDN delivered straight to your inbox. Posted by: admin Thats why it was not working. Your comment says nothing to make me thin otherwise. There was already a good CSS solution and I believe at the time the OP asked in a comment on the most voted answer on how to do it in JS. https://stackoverflow.com/a/52416148/1513083. Questions: I have a website that I am developing using CSS3 and I have h1 tag for the title:

main title

Now I want the title to be in a different color:

main